Students grade 6 to grade 12 are invited to register to attend this youth retreat at Camp Berea in New Hampshire, Friday, March 3 to Sunday, March 5, 2017.
The cost for the event is $225 per student plus money for food for dinner on the way to Camp Berea and lunch on the way back from Camp Berea. Students have the option of signing up for paintball for an extra fee - $20 ($10 for the hour plus some extra rounds of paint).
We will leave the church at 3pm on that Friday and return Sunday about 6pm. Students should plan to bring warm clothes (boots, gloves, hat, coat, snow pants), completed release form and waiver for paintball, bedding/sleeping bag/pillow, bible, notebook, pen, gym clothes (shorts, t shirt, sneakers), spending money for snack shop or book store, towel and toiletries.
Here are some key pieces of information:
- Dates - March 3-5, 2017
- Transportation - Coach bus w/ bathroom, tvs, plenty of space to sit, overhead storage etc...
- Who? - This is a retreat for students in 6th grade to 12th.
- Sleeping arrangements - Middle school students and High school students will stay in separate cabins.
- Cost - $225. This includes the bus along with the camp cost. The elevated cost of bus transformation compared to the cost of gas and van rentals were not too far apart. Combine that with safety concerns of so many people driving in separate cars made it an easy choice.
- Deposit to secure your spot - $100 due before January 6th. The remaining balance is due February 17th.
- What do they have at Berea? - Nationally known speakers, top rate worship bands, a full sized gym, a 200 meter half pipe tubing hill, basketball and volleyball tournaments, paintball, 2 snack bars, major all-camp games, winter friendly ropes course and a lodge with a huge fireplace to just chill out.
Space is limited. Register early. Deadline for registration is January 6, 2017.
Checks payable to CPC can be brought to youth group or mailed to the church
marked for Deep Freeze.
Covenant Presbyterian Church 124 Old Farms Road Simsbury, CT 06070
Paintball Release Form (separate fee applies)