Equipping STUDENTS to love God and love others . . .
A stellar team brings their creativity and genuine love for youth, middle school and high school, to a weekly large group meeting, and are committed to building long-term spiritually based relationships in small group personal setting.
Our youth groups and activities welcome any young person including friends from school and other activities, and non-believing friends.
We encourage young people to ask questions, explore their faith and make it their own rather than simply a family tradition. We strive to make youth groups relevant to their lives, engaging and fun. We create an emotionally safe atmosphere where individuals are respected, listened to, and taken seriously. Our leaders are glad to engage in one-on-one mentoring, discipleship, and simply being a sounding board; they also share their own lives and hearts as they seek to connect with the students.
Summer Youth Group for Grades 6-12
Beginning June 25 and then every other week on Thursday, 6:30-8:30pm
Youth Group is resuming June 25 and it will be in-person in the outdoor worship area.
For the summer, we will be doing H20 & Radiate combined on Thursday evenings (6:30-8:30pm). We will meet every other week (see schedule below). In our summer series, we will be studying Biblical Relationships, or what what guidance the Bible gives for running all of our various types of relationships in a way that is pleasing and honoring to God.
- Meeting Thursday, June 25 - First YG of summer
- Meeting Thursday, July 9
- Meeting Thursday, July 23
- Meeting Thursday, Aug 6
- Meeting Thursday, Aug 20 - Final YG of summer
While I am overjoyed that we will begin meeting in-person again, but our ability to meet does not mean that the pandemic or potential health risks are gone. As such, we will be modifying parts of our Youth Group meeting to safeguard the health of us, the students, and our families (see guidelines below)
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
- Meet with both groups outside in outdoor worship area when weather is good
- Meet on Zoom if weather is bad
- Everyone (students & leaders) will have their temperature taken when they arrive
- Everyone needs to bring & wear a mask
- Mask do not need to be worn during small group & game time if distancing is maintained
- Bathrooms will be open, but only one family unit inside at a time
- Games will be ones with no/minimal physical contact (kickball; frisbee golf; giant 4-square; etc.)
- Students will need to use hand sanitizer before and after playing (church will provide hand sanitizer)
- Those violating social distancing will be warned once and then sent home without exception
WHAT TO BRING
- Bible (physical or virtual copy)
- Bug Spray (or apply before coming)
- Water Bottle(s)
- Athletic clothes (there will be socially distant games each week)
- An enthusiasm to grow in your relationship with Jesus & others
- [Optional] Snack (initially we will not provide snacks like we used to)
Wednesday, July 8 (1-6PM) - Day Hike Up Bear Mountain (390-398 Under Mountain Rd; Salisbury, CT)
Bear Mountain is the tallest peak in Connecticut. We will be meeting at the parking lot by Under Mountain Trailhead (note: do NOT put "Bear Mountain” into your GPS, it will bring you to the wrong place) at 1pm. We will be doing a 6 mile loop that takes us the summit, stopping along the way to hear some devotionals about knowing God through His creation. We should be back to the parking lot around 6pm. For your and the students’ safety, Youth Leaders will not be driving students.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to get on the youth update list.